Sunday 21 July 2013

ANIMATION - Invisible Pleasure

I remember around 12 years back when I was passionate about learning audio recording on pc. I had fortune of getting tips from regions most well read professional audio recordist - Mr. Cheema.

One tip I can never forget from him - "whatever audio effects you put in your recording, remember, they should be felt not heard!!". Amazing. Now I realize how this tip is applicable to so many art forms and yes you guessed it right I am coming to my favourite art form - Animation.

There are so many effects evolved within animation art form which brings about lot of beauty and delight to the show. The same thing applies. They should be felt, but should never be seen.

Lets say you are using overlap, follow through, settle or extreme stretch. It should be designed such that it brings about full pleasure in the movement, but they should not be "seen". It should not be appearing as if animator is saying "here is overlap, here is follow through, here is stretch and squash" or worst still animator is saying "look at my follow through, look at my overlap..."

These should be felt not seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment